Thursday 1 August 2013

Walls

Walls in more ways then one. negative or positive first? Thats the questions. Lets get the negative out the way. Well after an hour to do a 4 mile journey thanks to a for Czech coach and a trailer down a road that was in appropriate for it. The road to Boscastle isn't made for it specially the bend on the road to Tinagrel. The coach with 4 foot trailer had to do about a 7 point move to get round bend. Unfortunately i was the car behind it that it nearly hit. I wont mention the coach was following a bunch of cyclists and ask why it couldn't do the suitable route for such a large vehicle and meet the cyclists at their destination. Reason I was going to Boscastle was for a nurse asthma review. I arrived at the surgery to find the receptionist double booked and I couldn't be seen today and  that was a brick wall no negotiation there. I did manage to keep my cool. Positive on walls I found a few today. I hadnt intended on tidying my part of the communal car park however     I started pulling a few weeds and came across this lovely dry stone wall and decided that was a lot better sight when feeding the animals I just carried on and cleared the lot. A few alpine plants on there and it will look amazing. Of course my garden was over grown and looks out over there so I then found myself clearing my house garden. I then discovered another lovely wall all the way up my garden. After removing the grass I found the biggest mint bush i have ever seen!! I can see some drying of mint on the aga. Speaking of aga's another of todays adventures was visiting the dairy. The dairy is a little farm not 1 mile from my house that sells milk, cream and veal getting back to the story I went for double cream and came back with clotted cream. This was to make a quiche for tomorrows bbq with the neighbors  So i tried making quiche with clotted cream and I have to say my quiche taste good but with clotted cream wow. That is a definite for a farmers market may have to market think of a title as courgette, cheese and onion clotted cream flan is more then a gob full!!.


1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about how you are managing with all the tourist traffic.Sounds like both a frustrating and rewarding day. Can't wait to taste the quiche x

    ReplyDelete