Tuesday 13 August 2013

Naughty Pigs and sweet chickens and food safety inspector

Well a mixed day today. CD Player sorted on new car courtesy of the garage I got it from they got a cd stuck in the cd player and only just got round to getting it booked in as it wasnt urgent. I wouldnt have minded if it had been a decent cd!!

Back to smallholding well the pigs today threw their water container at the electric fence, tried to eat my wellies!! All normal pig behavior I reckon and they are so hilarious to watch! The rules on keeping pigs you have to feed them pig nuts - good for the pig nut companies I guess, you have to have it butchered at a butchers. No wonder making a lot of money from pigs isnt going to happen any time soon. Glad its not in business plan as my main earner!! Will make enough to make a small profit and will keep me in pork though.

Chicks well they are looking very healthy and already running around they are so cute.

Other then looking at cute animals, collecting avon orders (which all I can say is wow to amount of avon orders I got this campaign.) and car cd player it was paperwork day. Registration done to local council for selling food. Food Safety inspector seems like he is going to be very helpful at getting me up and running safely. So much to consider labeling, hygiene, legalities but all in a days work!

I feel with all this hype on the tv I need some advertising on people knowing exactly where the food comes from. Speaking of which my experiment with selling eggs where people can see the chickens they come from seem very successful.

Stardust my Cat well she has found the outside world strutting her stuff in the middle of the lane. I went for a walk down the lane after the paperwork for a break and found hazelnuts, blackberries and elderberries. I think I may be fighting the squirrels for the hazelnuts they are already eating them and they are not ripe yet! Plenty of blackberries to go around thats for sure!

I think that covers my day as a smallholder








No comments:

Post a Comment