Tuesday 20 August 2013

Blackberrying the easy way!!

Ever had a problem getting to the best blackberries that are always at the top of the bush that you cant reach? I am all overgrown with blackberries and needed to rescue some other fruit bushes in the secret garden! So I hacked them down and collected the blackberries!! Nice work. Found what I think is a medlar and also an unidentified tree with fruit if you know what it is do let me know!


There was fun and games in the animal enclosures today I had a chicken who found an egg shell. She wasnt allowed to eat it in piece and there where ducks and chickens chasing her all round the chicken coop. Reminded me of  a cross between playing british bulldog and rugby. I discovered that a duck might not be able to out run a chicken but it can out smart it and stole the egg shell off the chicken. 

Pig pen - well the pigs are just as funny - their game is to eat my wellies and make me as dirty as possible.  All god healthy fun down on the smallholding. 

Ducklings and chicks are all together and  getting on well i think they are too young to be naughty yet. 

Stardust discovered a toad! oh no poisonous to moggies. Luckily she hadnt a clue what to do with it and just hit it and walked off. 

Project sheep/goats fence is well under way cleared more fence - 8 dead trees later. The fence posts are all in tact and appear strong so it will just be attaching the new fencing rather then hammering in new fence posts.    

No comments:

Post a Comment