Saturday 3 August 2013

Honesty box

Well I set up an honesty box out in the front of my house with eggs in as market research to test if part of my business plan will work and I can sell eggs when I start trading. I was sat in the house reading my small holding mag (that friends kindly bought me the subscription for as a leaving gift) and then talked to family on phone and watched a German group of tourists taking photographs of the honesty box and eggs inside. Oh and yes they bought eggs!! It was very amusing to watch. At least I have put it in a place where people notice it. Also I have learnt that I have a barn owl nesting box on the side of my house and yes a barn owl. However the owl lives in the barn across the road and other birds apparently next in the nest box. I also have a squirrel that comes in my garden. Fencing getting closer I know how much I now need just need to get on and clear space to erect the fence, Another job today I cut some mint and its now drying above the aga. I can see some dry herbs being available soon.

2 comments:

  1. There's a farmer near me (Coal Aston way) who has an Honesty Box - Hen, Duck and even Quail eggs along with some cheeses and milk in a cool box beside. He reckons he takes on average £80 a week. And as he says, it pays for a holiday for him and his family every year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool - now thats an idea putting a cool box with goodies in :)

      Delete