Saturday 17 August 2013

Success at the poultry Auction market

Success at the auction market today - I got just what I wanted 2 point of lay chickens so have 7 egg layers which will help keep my honesty box stock up. A bit of grumpiness from the other hens as I introduced them but they accepted the pecking order and seem all fine together now.


I also increased my breeding Aylesbury duck herd. Give my two ladies a rest from the Drakes. However they are still babies so a spot of indoor shed care until they have feathers. Got them very cheap only problem is what sex are they? If they are boys sorry boys its the pot for them. The hatching ducks are taking their time but healthy signs of hatching going on in the incubator.



Pigs - well funny they enjoy the hose pipe in the hot weather not sure they like the rain though. All asleep in the sty. The experiment of tying the water trough to the sty and a separate big puddle for bathing seems to have solved the water trough slinging into electric fence and shorting it game they where playing.


In the process of making my first ever batch of goats cheese just waiting for it to set! Will let you know if its successful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment