Thursday 15 August 2013

A wet day on the smallholding

Pigs - Try to eat my wellies and note to myself don't go in the pig pen in a dress they do like the flapping fabric..... To eat!!

Baby Chicks all look very healthy and developing little personalities  Stopped turning the duck eggs they are due to hatch on sat.

Chickens and Ducks - still loving their life and producing eggs.

Moggies - Toffee's Dead mouse tally is 5 mice, Trifle nil and Stardust Nil. Stardust has found the baby chicks! Now that would be cheating Stardust!!

On my walk to the post office and back I discovered Hazelnuts, Elder and more Blackberries. Squirrels have already started on the hazelnuts even though they are not ripe so may not get many! Blackberries down the lane not ready but the ones on the edge of my field are just about there. I feel a blackberry picking session at the weekend I can't wait to be able to make jam and wine from them all.

Today it was too wet to strim. I got up and feed the animals in the pouring rain it was fine. Luckily I am set up so can sort the feed in the shed at the side so its not to bad and I just get in house and jump in shower.

As ground to wet to do as I wanted today I decided to be a tourist and had a trip to Lands End. Very touristy beautiful scenery. I think I may go back off season!! I then went to a place I have wanted to see since I got here Minack Theatre - A theatre on the cliff side -   http://www.minack.com/ shame its a two hour drive. I have to go and see a performance though! on my way back I stopped at St Ives - what a gorgeous little place again a place to go out of season as it was packed!!
Homeward bound for animal feed and relax

Advisory meeting with the food safety officer sorted and got myself known in the farmers market circles so progress for hopefully a September launch!!

Todays photos I have added of my house

No comments:

Post a Comment