Friday 6 September 2013

The Rain

I never thought i liked the rain but it makes me do the business stuff that needs to be done. Today has been about updating web site, costing for the two farmers markets I am planning for next week and thoughts towards my menu service for the locals. Costings, profit margins etc all done for farmers market. Time for test cooking. Plan is to get some photos for the web site to advertise the menu service.

With blackberries coming all over the place the main theme for my desserts will be blackberries. I am experimenting making blackberry leathers and dehydrating blackberries. Plans to experiment with dried blackberries to make cereal bars. I have devised a recipe myself but just need dried blackberries to go in it. Bottom of the simmering oven in the aga apparently does it. We will see.

On other notes nearly at the end of the field for clearing dead trees and fencing for the sheep and goats.

Pigs doing really well. They have worked out that when i take the red clip off the fence, the fence isn't electric. They have been watch me at feeding times and then tested it today by touching fence and didn't get a shock. The pig soon realised though after feeding time if it touche the fence it gets a shock.

Chickens and Ducks - still no eggs they are in molt, which they do at their age and can take a couple of months however it looks like a hard molt so hopefully will be over soon. Not sure why two new point of lay are not laying. I have a demand for eggs and no eggs this calls for drastic action i feel a poultry auction coming on in the morning for point of lay chickens and another female aylesbury if possible.

Baby chicks and ducklings - growing and eating loads getting into chick ad duckling mischief.

No comments:

Post a Comment