Wednesday 11 September 2013

First Market Day as a Trader

Well after a late night of cooking and getting everything ready. I was up at 6am fed the animals, Brekkie and loading up. I arrived at the market and was immediately made welcome by the market manager and stall holders. One stall holder even swapped a crumble for veg which was excellent. I look forward to trying a white courgette.

All the stall holders throughout the day came for a nosy at the new girl and offered their very welcomed advice. Despite what the market traders classed as a quite day I did ok for my first market it gave me a good start.  I sold crumble and quiche after forgetting the soup and leaving it at home!! I still did well. After chatting to customers a lady used to do soup and left and its missed so soup angle is good specially as it gets colder. Also people loved the good old fashion pudding which appears to be well missed so crumbles went down really well.

My best customers for crumble was a 14 year old who doesnt normally eat fruit - sampled and said thats really nice. Her mum in a state of shock bought her a crumble and was even more shocked to watch her eat it. Another was a four year old. Parents bought crumble and watched the child eat it and then say yum. Excellent as there is nothing more honest then a child.


The market in Hollsworthy has some very loyal customers if the customers like your food they will come back. Glad I went for fresh, seasonal tasty homemade food.


No comments:

Post a Comment