Wednesday 18 September 2013

Chicken and Duck Future

Today the babies (ducks and chickens) joined the gang. I took away the Nursery pen, Clipped their wings and let them. loose in the big coop. They loved it, no problems with electric fence, a couple of pecking order issues but no real aggression.

My catering venture is causing an egg problem - I keep running out this is all good news for the babies as it means I will have to keep them to produce eggs rather then them ending in my cooking pot. However if there is more then one cockerel or cockerel doesn't get on with Francis the drake, aggressive or upsets the neighbours they might still be in the pot.

The escapee is now living very close to the rest of the chickens. Still in a tree but not running off as quick so hopefully I can lull her into a false sense of security and catch her soon. 



No comments:

Post a Comment