Wednesday 4 September 2013

Nettles revenge

All happening down on the smallholding.

Yesterday I uncovered the alleged wooden swing that was in the secret garden it was covered in about 4ft of blackberries! Not ready for sitting on yet as still has loads of blackberries around it but nearly there!

The holiday makers next door came with deck chairs and sat and watched the ducks and chickens.

We started today with the nettles I have been cutting down having their revenge. Whilst clearing the fence of dead trees I went to pull a dead tree off the fence which came away faster then I was expecting and i fell backward right in to a patch of nettles. Truly not recommended it hurts. However didnt half motivate me to carry on and cut some more nettles down. After carrying on I managed to discover an electric fence system praying it works as it will come very much useful.

Great news - my business plan was signed off by the new enterprise scheme I have signed up to. Great news as I get a business mentor and support till January. Until the business plan was signed off I wasnt allowed to trade other then the test trades - for market research purposes. I now start trading tomorrow - yipee. Loads of ideas now buzzing round my head. Loads of organising so that I can set up at farmers markets and thought as to what I can now sell from my honesty box. Tonight however Cath my neighbour

is coming round I think she will just have to help me celebrate!

Pigs - I have finally screwed down the lid on the sty on the sty so no more sun roof options for the girls .

Chickens - just as I start to trade the ladies start to molt! Guess what during molting the eggs production goes down! That explains the egg production reduction. Nice timing girls!!

Ducklings - The outdoor ducklings are now fully feathered - yipee. We do as suspected have a male and a female. Francis still cant catch the female!!

Ducklings and chicks update - Chicks are now flying on the roof and escaping their pen to explore. Sounding like they will not need the brooder for that much longer.

Todays pics are the pigs getting the hose pipe treatment. They love it when its hot like today.





No comments:

Post a Comment