Thursday 23 January 2014

Stage 3 of operation pig

Today was stage three of operation Pig - Collecting the pigs from the Abattoir.

I drove to the abattoir a little nervous. I got there to half to watch them be cut in half. The abattoir man said I had done a good job re fat to meat ratio which is good. Loaded the pigs up and I then drove over to Mill Ford Farm where they will hang till Monday then cut for their lovely meat.

Julie kindly went through the cuts I could have. The flavours of sausages I can have and helped me start to consider selling them. They have a lovely 5 star food rated gaff so I am pleased the pigs are there as they will be well looked after. I have also discovered they have a shipping process that I can take advantage so I can sell the meat not just locally but to the whole of the UK.

The offal is now in my fridge - time to look at dishes for Liver and Heart. Cats refused the lungs so a neighbours dog got them. Sorry all the other neighbours that werent in when I popped round as you missed out.

Next week they will be butchered and processed and ready for market. so if you have been following this blog and want to sample the pork please do watch out on my web site for the pork becoming up for sale next week. http://www.ktskitchen.co.uk/


No comments:

Post a Comment