Tuesday 14 January 2014

Escape from Colditz on the small holding - one to me pigs!!

My pigs know if they kick mud at the electric netting it shorts the fence and after a couple of days of doing it the battery runs out. Then they can  just walk over the electric netting  fence into the big field.  They have created a nice hole in the fence near the bee hive which is their escape route out of the big field into the neighbourhood. They only escape when they can at feeding time if I am late and the battery is flat. Still its too many times!!

Well I found a water butt. The hole in the fence that the pigs created to escape from the big field has been blocked by a water butt - of course I filled it with water!! with a metal pole between butt and fence post. They couldn't move it today or escape and got multiple shocks from the chicken netting so they gave up!!  One to me!!!

The other hole they use to get back in the field has been blocked by an old chicken coop should keep them in the field whilst they plan their next escape!!

Its like escape form colditz!

No comments:

Post a Comment