Sunday 5 January 2014

A New year time to get on with next years plants

Well today I managed to dodge the rubbish weather and storm twice on animal checks and feeding and only got wet once. That was a miracle in itself as every time I came in heavens opened - its normal the other way round so I thank the weather gods!!

Pigs well they are behavingish - They have worked out they can short a battery in two days - as long as i change the battery I seem to be keeping them within the smallholding!!

Chickens and Ducks well hoping for a dry morning or afternoon so I can muck them out in the dry. Tomorrow will be bad enough as first tax return needs submitting!!

Whey hey though I have a new line in KT's Kitchen goodies - I have been drying herbs over the aga and my costings mean I can under cut the supermarkets for herbs and they will be freshly dried so tastier.  Mostly I have them growing in the garden. One or two I may have to buy in to dry until some of my plants mature but I can still undercut the supermarkets. I already undercut on my dried fruit and nut mixes!!

I will be starting to sell these on my market stall as I get more I will be selling them online if you buy in bulk will still be cheaper then the supermarket. Fresh Herbs will be cut to order to keep their freshness.

Today was another good day Started off sowing the first seeds of the year - Herbs obviously, tomatoes and leeks. A move forward to self sufficiency in vegetables. So this year a move towards self sufficency in fruit, meat and Veg brilliant started !!

Now time to make chutney and marmalade!!




No comments:

Post a Comment