Friday 17 January 2014

Pork Futures

The time has come to say goodbye to my pigs. Its all been arranged for monday. I have a local farmer helping me take the pigs for the deed. I have also found a lovely place that will butcher and vac pack and let me get involved and observe parts of the process so I will be able to learn the whole process. I have been putting off the arrangements for the obvious reasons of the emotional stress. Its all been arranged now though. The hard part is deciding what cuts I want and the farm i have chosen will help me do that too. I will feel sad to see them go I have enjoyed their company apart from the escaping that is!! Equally mixed emotion of I will know exactly where my pork has come from and know that the ladies had a lovely life.

No comments:

Post a Comment