Wednesday 24 July 2013

Diversifying

Well today to get a few pennies rolling in I was an Avon lady!. That role is a little different to up North. Of course little villages all over the place. It caused my new area manager a challenge to allocate an area for me. She seems very lovely.  Amusingly her response to where I live "you live in a field in the middle of nowhere according to Avon map". My humorous response "its a hamlet of 7 homes and I take it thats why they have no avon lady :) " Area manager  gave me my 7 homes and rather a large village. That was an interesting concept - none of the properties have road names and sat nav doesnt recognise little village postcodes in cornwall. Also when you get there no road markings. Anyway not one to be put off by a challenge I  have distributed said books to the correct addresses and we will see how that progresses. I also did my first bee inspection of the hive. I thought it was meant to hurt when you got stung it didnt!! I was wearing my suit but they got me through the gloves. I must learn to use the smoker properly!! Oh and it is raining the first rain since I got here and we had a power cut for 5 mins. Good old ipad with live tv and fb, email etc I didnt even notice other then the lights.............And I have a few torches around the house so cant see that a problem! Looks like I am in wellies to fasten the ducks and chickens up tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment