Thursday 18 July 2013

Day 5 - Tuesday

Early morning start to collect the bees from a lovely farmer who is on hand to give advice as required he only sold me what I need rather then all this fancy stuff thats on the market. Got home and placed the bees. Realized that as I put the hive down it moved exposing all these bees to me. No I didn't have a bee suit on. Plan was put the hive down and then go get suit on and then take the plug out of their entrance hole and  move back. I didn't get stung and managed to get the hive where it should be and then left them alone for the rest of the day. Had instructions on how to feed them in the evening with 50% syrup/water to get the colony nice and strong for winter as its only half a colony at the moment. So I am now a bee keeper. Picture taken on iphone so not the best

.

No comments:

Post a Comment