Saturday 21 March 2015

The rise of the animals at the smallholding.

I went to the poultry auction today. I could have spent a fortune but stuck to my small budget. I couldnt afford to replace all my hens killed by the fox. So instead of buying loads of adult birds I came away with 16 light sussex/silkie cross chicks, some Aylesbury duck eggs and another light sussex point of lay. At bargain prices.

So incubator is on egg turning duties begin. Broader is on pictures later after the chicks have settled in to their new home and light sussex in the pen with the rest of the chickens. I did go for point of lay ducks today um maybe next time!!

Glorious sunshine again today lets hope it remains tomorrow when I will be on the veg plot checking on the seed progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment