Monday 16 March 2015

all ils well down on the smallholding

The lambs are doing well today they were out in their pen without me persuading them and seem to be enjoying their patch of grass.

Seeds planted in the new poly tunnel - a bit of digging done on the veg patch ready for the potastoes that are chitting away.

birds singing happily in the trees. The new chickens are settling in. Going to auction for new ducks on sat cant wait and perhaps I will get some hatching eggs so that I can hatch some chicks this spring.

A promise of some goose eggs to hatch too that could be a challenge as they are hard to hatch apparantly.

A few paid summer gardening jobs that will keep me on the smallholding longer so great stuff.

And Kt's Kitchen - new sauce bottles and the fresh ingredients all sorted so family size stir fry  sauces available after tomorrow.

I keep looking at that lovely yellow flower of the gorse I need to fit in picking it as i want to try and make wine!! I am determined to make the most of all the free bounty from the hedgerow this year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment