Friday 13 December 2013

Friday the 13th - Mayhem

Friday the 13th struck the Smallholding today. I decide to take a stall on Bideford Market and got all my Homemade wares ready to sell. This am I went to feed the Animals as normal and all was fine, fences working and set off to market.

Escapology is the name of the game for the pigs. They decided they wanted a walk think they where going to shops to buy my xmas pressy personally! They got through two fenced fields and into the car park. Thanks to my very kind neighbours who guided them back to their field until I could drive home. I left my stall with some very kind stallholders and raced back to rescue the pigs.

Home to find pigs had knocked over the bee hive!! Put the bee hive back together extended the electric fence to cover the fence that they had escaped from. I  rushed back to market!

Anyway bee inspection done on my return and all seems well in the bee hive fingers crossed. Pigs now under lock and key. All the animals mucked out in bed for the night. Then it started to pour down with rain! Could have been worse could have been raining when rescuing the animals.

So all is now calm and well again in the smallholding land!

No comments:

Post a Comment