Monday 9 December 2013

Next stage of the smallholding operation - to plan the veg growing

Busy week with xmas markets and setting up a market in the local town. Today next stage of smallholding. Moved the Ducks and chickens into the big field nice fresh grass for them to play in.

It was an experience I just managed to stop myself going face down in the mud! Ducks escaped when trying to round them up but they never really escaped far and finally worked out where I wanted them. Pigs just watched in amusement. Pigs are just loving their pad.

I am excited now as where the ducks and chickens have been is now a patch of earth. I can see my edible garden in the space. Defiantly recommend this no dig method complete with manure to get through grass and weeds.

Looking forward to turning the soil over and getting stuck in when the season allows.

No comments:

Post a Comment