Saturday 13 June 2015

Foraging time again

I decided this year I wasnt going to miss out on the elderflower. Today the Elderflower champagne started or should I say sparkling wine. Yipee. We have nettle wine on the go and elderberry from some dried elderberries I had. I am hoping tomorrow I have time to collect some gorse for gorse wine. Might give nettle beer ago but the nettles are starting to look a bit old. 

Lambs are now off milk and eating grass. 

Ducklings - I built them a new pen in the shed they look very happy. More space and the shed they are in is begging to look like a poultry hatchery!! Just waiting for the electric cable and I will be able to get this poultry breeding down to a fine art.  As well as electric to the poly tunnel!! Thinking propagators thinking veg all year!! I wont mention a kettle!!

Little chicks doing well and big chicks doing well too!! 

Vegetables growing well. 

Looking at them roses in the garden cant wait for the rose hips!! I can see hedgerow jelly again this year and rose hip and 'whore' I mean haw jelly coming along soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment