Sunday 28 June 2015

Discovery

There is always something new to discover. I found an oak tree in the garden. WEll of course what can you do with an oak tree. Make Oak leaf wine of course. The oak leaves are in boiling water as we speak. Going to be cool I now have elderflower champagne ready in a week then for the winter months I will have so far elderberry, nettle and now oakleaf.

Had a great day pottering in the poly tunnel after recovering from a bad cold. Made myself a sandwich with my homemade bread, my first lettuce and homemade honey (from my bees) and mustard sauce rather tasty.

I have had a lot of slug damage this year. Good protien for my chickens when I discover them in the poly tunnel. Unfortunately I am going to have to revert to some slug patrol. Question is nemotoids or slug pellets (organic harm free obviously) otherwise just wont have any veg. Second lot of seeding today.

I have created a wild corner of herbs with sorrel, lovage and chamomile and added my horse radish. All of which I believe will spread. Hopefully taking over the native hogweed. The weeds um plenty of creeping buttercup!!

Cant believe I have actual green berries on the Blackberry bushes already!! Going to be a good year for fruits.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment