Sunday 16 February 2014

Progress for the smallholding

Today was market day at Bude car boot.

It felt incredibly calm today after all the storms. People at the car boot where looking to order more pork from me after tasting it the week before. Which really did please me.

I came back and walked around my smallholding for damage. I counted 7 trees down so I guess I will have plenty firewood next winter. As the weather was dry today and yesterday I was also able to start on my veg patch - digging it over made me feel like I have started after all these storms.

Today I collected my Cured bacon, smoked bacon, gammon and ham. As I posted on my facebook page. i just died and gone to heaven. Its the best bacon I ever had!

I think I made a success of raising my pigs so think will have to do it again. I think next time a more docile pig might be in order. Looking at Pedigree Gloucestershire old spot next time.






No comments:

Post a Comment