Sunday 26 March 2017

Springtime

After  start with the lambs its time to pay attention to the veg patch. digging, weeding and getting it ready. nematodes worked back end of last year. another application next month and pray fpr some lovely veg. Chicken manure rotting down

The weather is warming up cats are enjoying the window open as they can come and go. The chicken pen is starting to dry out. The poly tunnel has spinach ready and peas and broad beans have flowers on them. The wild garlic I planted last year is coming up. Cant wait for that as I have designed a recipe for wild garlic and chilli sauce.

Today I have an excess of eggs. Homemade Icecream using the old fashion custard ice cream and some raspberry sauce I had left over. Yum yum. That's the yolks sorted next step is the whites. I feel some meringue coming on.

The pork from my ladies is lovely. A tortilla stack is cooking as we speak. Pork mince, chilli sauce layed with tortillas instead of lasagne..

Bees are flying about lets hope no cold spells!

All go now spring is here so good to be outside .

No comments:

Post a Comment