Friday 3 June 2016

Into the fourth Year.................


Just starting my 4th Year on the smallholding and a lots happened in last 3 years!! More a bout that in a moment but heres todays good news story.  

Here is the Broody lady sitting on 12 Chicken eggs and one duck egg.



This am went to feed the chicks and got dive bombed by the Cockerel. I looked round to see The broody hen and her first hatched chick running round the pen. The hen had abandoned her post in the duck house over the eggs. She sat on the chick in middle of pen. Nothing for it but a plan. Pick the chick up and the hen and place  over the eggs!! Easy plan you may say. I forgot about the over protective Dad and aunties!! Anyway after Chicken attack plan achieved and broody hen now back on rest of eggs.

Here is her first chick she has hatched




Back to starting my fourth year! There has been highs there has been lows there has been lots of learning. Would I do it again.....................yes. Am I still living my dream............................Yes. Do I want to change my life.......................................No.

I just love living my dream






No comments:

Post a Comment