Friday 10 June 2016

How Cute..................................

Mother hen is doing well with three chicks.


I was trying to get a picture of the chick running round the duck house with potato peeling in its mouth. Instead I got this shot but I really like it.

Mum hen well she has rejected a chick. It has got stuck in its shell so I had to help. after I helped mum didn't want to know. She has also kicked the duck egg out of the nest. I think she had had enough of sitting on eggs. Duck egg in incubator so we will see. The rejected chick is with chicken that came out of the incubator completely different ages but seem happy cell mates. The older chicken enjoying the heat lamp again!

The chicks with mum kept escaping to mums dismay the noise she makes shouting them back. I found the escape route so they are safely with mum.

This week has been great Nephews have been feeding and watering the animals. The grass has been strimmed and the house all Hoovered been a great help. Loved the day trips out shame we didn't catch any mackerel fishing yesterday.










No comments:

Post a Comment