Sunday 3 January 2016

operation Fleece part two

 
. Before I start Happy New Year.
 
Left the fleece to dry since the last blog it took till this morning to dry!!
 
 
Today I started to card the fleeces to get all the lumps out and make the fleece into more manageable material.

 
from this to this lumpy mess to this................

 
next stage is to carry on carding more wool so I can work with the fleece and make some creations.
 
The sheep I don't know how they carry their fleeces in this rainy wet weather. They seem positively healthy those sheep and cleaner then I expected.
 
Well its a new year and I am already plotting and planning for the coming season. I cant wait to increase my livestock and get planting vegetables!
 
I think stardust needs welly boots its so wet bless her she still insists on talking to the birds. The woodpecker has been absent from the garden since moving the ducks and chickens. However he/she returned today to shy for a picture though!!
 
Chickens and ducks - ducks don't mind the awful weather and splash about in puddles in the rain. The chickens however don't like it!
 
Today we saw blue sky so took the opportunity to repair the shutter that the wind took off its hinges. it and its back to how it was. So all sorted.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment