Monday 25 May 2015

Growing your own

This month has mainly been about growing my own vegetables. Despite the poly tunnel blowing down twice I haven't done too badly. The poly tunnel is still up touch wood and full of lovely edible plants. My spuds seem to be doing well along with onions, beetroot, spinach, peas beans and cabbages.

Pesky slugs though going to have to do research into how to get rid in the most human way they have nibbled throug the chinese leaves I planted and starting on the cabbages!!

This year though its been cold for planting out so a little behind but hoping to catch up. The wind is a problem from the sea at times.

Animals Chicks are doing well ducklings are getting bigger and the little orphan lambs unfortunately havent done that well this year. Thats the problem with orphans. I have three little healthy sheep and the two still from last year.

I am planning to increase my stock and get some breeding sheep and try my hand at breeding. Also have my eye on fencing and getting a pig pen set up for pigs. So a lot of planning going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment