Sunday 26 April 2015

New shoots and lamb antics

Frolicking lambs in the big field!! Moved the pallet so my lambs can get under the gate to the big field but the big sheep cant get in their shed and drink milk.

The big sheep did meet little lambs today the big sheep came for a noisy then soon disappeared to the other end of the big field. I cut the orphan lambs pen grass and they are now munching on the grass. we have progress. 

I dug my veg patch great for watching lambs but me being on a veg patch next to their pen they didnt half make a noise wanting to get to me!! 

Spuds now all in onions coming up. new shoots coming under the clotch. a few other jobs round the smallholding what a lovely sunday. 

Ducklings - at three days old I had a escapee duckling!! Trouble with a capital T. Now resolved with a higher box. For now anyway. Little chicks are turning out to be mainly cockerals. Oh dear no more egg layers but will be loads of chicken for the freezer. That is if I can do the deed! I havent been able to as yet. Too scared of hurting them!

No comments:

Post a Comment