Wednesday 31 December 2014

Sheep and goodbye 2014

Winters with us frosty mornings. Ice to be cleared from animal water troughs and duck pond in a morning. Today was a lovely morning for working on the smallholding. Not too cold and not too windy. Managed to get a lot of digging done for the vegetables I am planning this year. Spot of tidying that was well over due.

I also took the opportunity to photograph my first lot of orphan lambs now they are older. I think I have done a good job at raising the lambs. As i was gardening I reflected on the year. 











What a year its been there been highs theres been lows theres been success and their has been failure. One of the worse was loosing Francis the Drake to the fox. After 6 years of breeding him it was sad. There are only two ducks left and 8 chickens left after fox attacks. Time to rethink chicken and duck pen to reduce the chances.

2 more pigs raised bless them uprooting and helping dig next years veg patch before they ended up in the freezer.

I have met some lovely people this year who I hope will be friends for some time. With the help of them and family all in all its been a lovely year. 

I cant wait for 2015 lets hope its going to be a good one. Happy New Year all the best in 2015  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment