Tuesday 17 June 2014

duck duvet

What a busy time, selling, growing and animal rearing.

Sheep well they are every sheep for themselves - They broke my chair i use to sit in whilst they feed. They are all greedy and getting big and watching feet and bums. feet fro strip and bums for fly strike! They are stupid as at first kept getting tangled in chickens electric fence!!

Chickens - Whilst I was sitting feeding the lambs a juvenile fox entered the field and was making his way to the chicken enclosure. saw me and ran off. Not good news. cute fox but if there is a juvenile there is a family. extra chicken/duck patrol has been called for.

Ducks - had a duckling got stuck in the fence and a chicken pecked it. I rescued it and put it with the baby chicks. I just wish i had my camera that day as when I came to do a check the chicks where all in a line under the ducks feathers. They had sacked the broader!!

The pigs are now used to coming for food and seem to be getting on well.

Bees are doing bee things and creating honey nicely. cant wait to taste the honey

Gardening well crops are in need a bit of weeding - crop growing seems to get bottom priority which is a shame. I have pods on my broad beans though so they are coming on. I cant believe that I missed the elder flowering in my front garden!! I was looking forward to making elder flower wine!!


No comments:

Post a Comment