Thursday 10 April 2014

nights get lighter

Well the nights are getting lighter and the weather getting better. Cant wait to get all the veg in.
Potatoes are already shooting up and I have flowers on my broad beans.

Not quite got round to making gorse flower wine yet. Getting time to pick the flowers is proving harder then expected. Getting money to sustain the dream seems to keep getting in the way.

The lambs are getting fat and now in the field. The poor male lost his ear tag he got it caught and it ripped out his ear. The nursing skills are coming in handy. I have also a lame duck who is being nursed back to health.

The chickens well I have my first bantum - a Silkie. A friend of mine said her friend couldnt look after their chickens any more so I have inherited another 4. bringing my tally up to 26. Good job I have found an outlet for the eggs!! Next door farm has holiday lets  and no chickens so the eggs should go down well.

I have a few shifts in the Cabin Cafe next to the beach when required. Love working there its a lovely atmosphere and the staff are all lovely.

The home made sauces and infused oils from kt's kitchen now in 5 shops and going down well at markets. I now offer nettle tea leaves.














No comments:

Post a Comment