Monday 4 November 2013

Autumn is here

What a lovely day today. Very much needed down on the smallholding getting a bit wet in the chicken pen. Might have to move them to a drier spot. Ducks love it mind! Beaks and feet right in the middle of the puddles doing their own foraging me thinks.

Pigs well they are behaving in their new large pen munching through the nettles.

I invited all my neighbours round at the weekend it was lovely to get to know them all. One of them used to keep goats so was very kindly giving me information. The food went down which was well. I cooked one of my 6lb pollocks i caught in my fish kettle. First time I used a fish kettle so easy to use.

Tonight has been about making jellies and tomato sauce. I now have Blackberry and Apple, and first attempt at Quince and Apple Jelly and Medlar and Apple Jelly. Busy cooking and  straining  in muslin bags.



No comments:

Post a Comment