Thursday 26 April 2018

Kts acres more lambs

In four years of lambing I actually got to see these two born. These pics taken within minutes of there arrive. Very quick birth no bedding down by ewe they almost just fell out. 


H



This made up for yesterday when a lamb was born and so flat. I didn’t realise the skills I had. It couldn’t stand do anything so I had to take the lamb away from mum not something I like to do but it wasn’t going to survive. Took it home put tube into mouth to stomach and tube fed colostrum. Glad I had that waiting just incase. Anyway 24hrs later lamb still weak but now bottle feeding and holding its own weight. Still not standing bless. 

So only one to lamb

The growing plot now coming on 



Chickens creating dust baths 



So all going well down at the smallholding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment