Saturday 10 February 2018

All about the birds today!



Orphan chick has a new pal - These two just bonded straight away

Auction day 

What else do you do when it’s pouring down with rain! Go to a very cold barn with a poultry sale! Really didn’t want to wanted to stay snuggled today but guilt got the better of me. Mr drake still needed ladies. So I layered up and off I went. 

Plan to buy three female ducks. Can I ever stick to my plan when buying poultry..............um no!!

Not many female ducks on offer I did get two. I did buy 4 new hens too!! Bargain buy honest!! A young muscovee duck and s young Campbell duck. A black maran hen, Wyandotte hen and two brown hens. 

I drop them off at their new home 



New drake and his new friend. She was chasing him round the coup at first. She then decided to leave him alone and look what happened! 






Beautiful black Moran and Wyandotte



Wyandotte 


Muscovee

Not good photos but raining will get more when weather better. 

All looking good for this spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment