Thursday 18 February 2016

Preparation for the next season

All going on today at the Smallholding. Project sheltered vegetable patch is under way. Cleared loads of Blackberries and coppiced some willow trees. When I say some willow there is loads I can see some willow creations in the making. The willow was sawn near the ground so that it will grow back next year healthy and can be used more easily. A bonus for the neighbours as the willow was overgrown and they will get a better view of the countryside. The blackberries attacked me as I cleared them, Worth it though as lovely open space now for my vegetable beds. The raspberry bed was freed from blackberries and other fruit area cleared. Looking a lot better after a day.

As well as chain sawing some willow for me, a friend put the lid on the polytunnel. 
It needs finishing tomorrow but will be a great growing space this year. So looking forward to the gardening this year.



The sheep are looking very healthly.




The Ducks and chickens are laying eggs which is great news. I wont mention the ducks escaping episode!!

The new additions the kittens are settling in well. A dog came to visit them today and they stole the dogs bed!!





All doing well down on the smallholding but its going to ache tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment