Sunday 22 February 2015

Getting ready for spring

Its been a bit quite on the old smallholding - I am sure calm before the storm. There are lambs about in the hamlet and I am sure soon will be orphans about anytime soon.

I have just reserved 4 chickens from a local poultry farm so as soon as there is a break in the weather get the new chicken coup up and running and get more chickens.

Project smoker/Pizza Oven is making slow progress. A very kind local came with angle grinder and took the lid off  the oil drum that was kindly donated by a local farmer. Next stage is to get a chimney attached. I am using all recycled parts for this oven which was inspired by an oven by steffi.

Potatoes need ordering so I can chit them and polytunnel lid needs putting back on and some digging then we are raring to go for spring.

willow needs cutting so I can finish making hanging baskets. I am pleased with the latest willow basket I made it is actually more round rather then oval. The more I do the better they are getting. Good job I have loads of willow to practice on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment