Thursday 15 January 2015

Sad loss

It was heart pullng this am. I went to feed the ducks and the chickens who had been safely put to bed in their hen house behind an electriv fence that was on. You would have thought safe. No some animal has actually broken through the hen house. used the air vent to break the wood and then killed all my ducks and all my chickens!!!

Very sad day that the last of francis the drakes bloodline is now lost. Not to mention my lovely hens. need to re think the hen and chicken coup before getting anymore.  Whatever killed them hasnt even taken them so not even done it to feed their selves. gutted

2 comments:

  1. So sad and sorry to hear,probably Mink,they do it for fun/sport,,a fox would usually take one and come back to bury the others for later food supply,no comfort I am afraid :(

    ReplyDelete